Cost Factors in a Timber Frame Home Build
There are many factors that impact the cost of a timber frame home build. If your heart is set on a timber frame home, your best bet is to contact a timber frame builder to discuss your ideas and the associated prices. Below are a few of the key factors that impact cost of a timber frame home.
Key Timber Frame Cost Factors
- The square footage of the home. The larger the home, the more time, materials, and money are necessary for construction.
- Design complexity. A complex design will require more time and more highly skilled workers to implement.
- Costs of finishing materials. The choices you make regarding all the details in your home will greatly impact the overall cost. Your final budget should always be kept in mind when selecting items like doors, windows, cabinets, fireplaces, fitting, electrical and plumbing fixtures, flooring, wall finishes, kitchen and bathroom details, roofing, and other elements in your home.
- Labor rates and contractor costs in your area. Prices vary from location to location, so where you live helps dictate prices.
- Local codes and building regulations in your area. Local laws can add costly requirements to work tasks that might effect design, implementation, or both.
- The location and site conditions. The slope and character of the future home’s property as well as its accessibility can impact price.
- Outside construction. Exterior living areas like garages and decks increase costs.
These are just a few of the factors that can effect the cost of a timber frame home build. To find the perfect timber frame home that matches your budget, start by getting a quote from a builder, then work together to determine the best way to achieve your goals for your desired price.